Happy Tuesday! It’s September 17th and here are “Ten Things To Know …”
1. 10 days ago or so, nearly 60 people from Carroll County DEMs attended the NHDP Convention held in Manchester as delegates (and others from the county attended as day guests). It was a significant number of people from this part of the world as compared to other recent conventions. We should feel such pride that there are so many in Carroll who are getting involved. We need YOU to be involved, too. It’s going to take all of us to bring about the change we need.
2. State Representative Ed Butler is encouraging everyone to identify one or two persons in the county whom we can invite to be a bit more involved. Can you encourage them to sign up for this periodic email? It’s easy to do. Just go to the county DEMs website and click the “newsletter” link. Can you help get your friend or neighbor to be more involved?? Or just share this link: SIGN UP HERE
3. Last night, the 16th, Carroll County DEMs leaders from a bunch of towns gathered to learn more about the Vote Builder technology that is available to town committees. It was a fantastic event. Many thanks to Donnie from the DEM office in Concord. And to LeeAnn Stevens who organized the whole things. Every town has this resource available to them. The training is great. If you want to learn more, ask Knute or LeeAnn.
4. Tomorrow night, SEPT 18th at 6:30 PM, there will be a meeting of the Carroll County Exec Committee. It will be an abbreviated meeting — just 75 minutes long — but it will be important. We will be welcoming MaryAnne Carpenter Orsino who will be sharing info about the Cleveland Dinner (being held on NOV 7). Many thanks to Mary for her care and commitment! Contact KNUTE for meeting details.
5. The Cleveland Dinner will be held on November 7th at the Red Jacket. Emails of information and invitation will be extended during the next 24 hours. A press release will be go out. The guests for the evening will be the contenders for the DEM nomination for Governor (Mr. Feltes, Mr. Marchand, and Mr. Volinsky). This is going to be a fantastic evening. Be ready to get your tickets as soon as you see the info. Those needing financial assistance can contact Knute directly via email. We have set aside funding for this purpose so that everyone who wishes to participate may do so — KNUTE
6. The Valley DEMs are having their fall cookout at noon on Sunday, SEPT. 22. ! All are welcome to attend. Ellin Leonard and her team do a wonderful job and gathering people together. If you live in or around Conway — please consider learning more. VALLEY DEMS FACEBOOK
7. The Tri-Town Democrats (Moultonborough, Sandwich, and Tuftonboro) are inviting anyone who wishes to attend to their Garden Party to be held on SEPT. 29th from 2:30 – 5 pm at Ken and Cindy’s. “Representatives of Democratic Presidential candidates will be coming to address us and mingle!” Learn more by contacting Bonnie Chehames: BONNIE
8. The Iron Mountain DEMs are re-scheduling their October Applefest event (previously scheduled for OCT 11). Stay tuned for a new date to gather the DEMs in the northern part of the county. It may or may not involve apples!!
9. The Greater Ossipee DEMs leadership got together to do some wondering about programing in these months ahead. Ideas that made the list are: Gun Violence, Climate Change, Healthcare, and Rank Choice Voting. If you have an idea for a topic, reach out to: PAT PUSTELL
10. Please take a look at where presidential candidates are visiting throughout the whole state by visiting: https://www.nhdp.org/events
We’re all in this together. Let’s be kind to each other. Considerate of others’ opinions. Humble in sharing what we believe to be absolutely true. Knowledgable about the fact that we all will need to rally around whomever the eventual candidate will be (president, governor, etc.) … so let’s be smart as we discuss things.
Thanks for being out there on the frontlines. Give me a yell if you have something for a future “Ten Things To Know …” — KNUTE
Knute Ogren, Carroll County DEMs, Chair