What a storm last night! I hope these lines find you to be safe and well. Here are Ten Things To Know for October 17!
1. This afternoon at 2 pm, presidential candidate Amy Klobuchar is visiting Carroll County! She’ll be at the Met in North Conway at 2 pm.
2. On Monday the 21st, the WOLFEBORO DEMs will be having their monthly meeting at Wolfeboro Tavern (every third MON of the month) at 7 pm. Their guest this month is Speaker of the NH House, Steve Shurtleff. All are welcome! Mr. Shurtleff will be giving a talk about the the last session and the impact of Governor Sununu’s vetoes.
3. On Wednesday the 23rd, presidential candidate Joe Sestak is visiting Carroll County! He’ll be at Poor People’s Pub in Wakefield 6 PM during the regularly scheduled meeting of the Moose Mountain Area DEMs.
4. The annual Cleveland Dinner will take place on November 7 at the Red Jacket. This is for anyone in Carroll County who is a part of the effort to shine a positive light on what the Democratic Party has been doing and will be doing in the future. It is really important for these annual event to take place and to gather everyone together. We are thrilled that the three candidates vying for the Democratic nomination for Governor will be with us. Dan Feltes, Steve Marchand, and Andru Volinksy. Please come! https://secure.actblue.com/donate/2019ccd
5. We are thankful for the donations for the raffle and auction items. And we’re happy to hear from you with some more! Do you have a favorite restaurant that you go to regularly? A shop nearby that might be pleased to support the work fo the Carroll County DEMs through their donation of an item of gift certificate? Please give a shout to the dinner’s planning chair firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. There is financial help available for people who want to come to the Cleveland Dinner but who might have a hard time coming up with $75. We are ready to figure it out. If you or someone you know could use some assistance, you can reach out to Knute confidentially — email@example.com.
7. Tomorrow is the deadline for for high school students who wish to apply for one of the Usher positions at the Cleveland Dinner. Students who wish to participate share a short bio, answer one essay question, and submit the info to the county. There is no ticket charge for these students serving as Ushers! Who do you know who is in high school and who might enjoy participating? Spread the word! The application is here: https://www.ccnhdemocrats.org/usherapplication.
8. As always, we include the link to learn more about candidates visiting any part of New Hampshire! Check it out: Find The Candidates
9. Please share this email with people you know. The way we will be successful in the upcoming elections is through conversations with our friends and neighbors AND through the sharing of ideas and information. Any help you can offer would be great!
10. There is a Democratic Town Chair in every single one of the towns of Carroll County. If you want to get involved, there’s a way to do that. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for your commitment!