Just as the US Senate was passing the USA’s largest climate action bill, Carroll County Democratic candidates were visiting the Sandwich, NH Electric Vehicle, Tool, & Solar Day. It is so symbolic. From the very top of government right down to the county commissioner level, Democrats care about taking climate action, creating clean energy jobs and saving consumers money. What a great day for our country, our county and Sandwich. Thank you state house incumbents Anita Burroughs and Chris McAleer, state house candidate Patricia Pustell from Ossipee and county commissioner candidate Adam Heard for attending and advancing a better America.
Interested in how you might get involved? Click Here to Get Involved
Candidates and friends came out in force for Freedom, NH’s annual parade
Hello fellow Democrats. The momentum to victory in November is in our favor. To keep it going our fantastic lineup of Carroll County candidates need your help. Want to be involved to ensure victory? Please click here.
|Join Democratic Friends, Neighbors & Candidates |
in your Independence Day Parade!
|Join your local parade and make our Democratic presence known!|
See you at Black Fly Field in Bartlett @ 10AM. https://bartlettrec.org/4th-of-july-2022/
Or in Conway at Hillside Avenue kicking off at 1:30 https://conwaynh.myrec.com/info/activities/program_details.aspx?ProgramID=29892
There’s a bunch of events in Tamworth! Their parade starts @ 11AM at Depot Road https://www.tamworthnh.org/parks-recreation/news/family-day-july-4th
Jackson doesn’t have a parade but they have fun fireworks on Saturday!! https://jacksonnh.com/event/jackson-area-of-new-hampshire-fireworks-display/
The Wolfeboro Parade starts at Old Lakeview Terrace at 10AM https://www.lakesregion.org/event/fourth-of-july-parade-wolfeboro-nh/
The Ossipee parade starts at 10AM & they’re having fireworks that evening too! https://www.ossipee.org/
The road to unseating Governor Sununu begins now!
For the Zoom link, send Knute an email: email@example.com He’ll respond with the link.
State Senator Dr. Tom Sherman (D-Rye) wants to be Governor. It’s always great to get to know people who want to help DEMs succeed! The Greater Ossipee DEMs have invited him to tell us about himself. And we’re inviting YOU — DEMs throughout the county — to join us. If Sununu is to be defeated come November, we need to get to know candidates! We hope you will have an interest in getting to know the people.
On Monday, April 4th at 7 PM — for 1 hour — let’s get to know Senator Sherman.
Come with ears to listen and questions that are on your heart. Invite others to do so too! Let’s show candidates running for state office in NH who we are!
Thanks to Bill Marsh — the person who will unseat Jeb Bradley in November! He will introduce Tom Sherman. And thanks to the Carroll County DEMs for allowing the Greater Ossipee DEMs to use their Zoom account.
Make the time. You’ll be glad you did. Thank for joining us.
Again, for the Zoom link, send Knute an email: firstname.lastname@example.org He’ll respond with the link.
|Hassan to attend; Pappas and Custer have been invited!|
|Happy 2022! All of us in your Carroll County Democratic Committee are working hard to help bring more sanity, safety & hope to our state in this coming year. And we encourage you to join us in our work!|
There are so many ways in which you can get involved. Write a letter to the editor in your local paper. Reach out to your Town Chair and ask how you can help. Send a letter of thanks to your Democratic State Representatives, who are doing great work in very difficult circumstances. Engage your friends and neighbors in discussions about the importance of their involvement, especially in the upcoming election season. Contribute to your CCDC!
Thanks for staying involved,
Ed Butler, CCDC Chair
- Carroll County Membership Zoom meeting Tuesday, 1/25, 6PM. Register here in advance for this meeting. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
We’ll have updates from our state Reps, from our congressional offices and … Senator Hassan will join our meeting! And both Congressfolks have been invited. Our state and regional directors of the Coordinated Campaign will also give us an update.
- The NH Senate is still discussing the Senate and Executive Council redistricting. They will also approve – or not?? – the House and Congressional districts approved by the House. Here’s a good overview of the process. And an NHPR report on the congressional gerrymander.
- Senator Hassan’s campaign website. Have you signed up for periodic notices?
- Congressman Pappas’ campaign website.
- Congresswoman Kuster’s campaign website.
- Please help us grow our reach. Are you signed up on our FaceBook page? Ask a couple of friends to sign up too! And please encourage your friends to sign up for these newsletters.
- The NH Democratic Coordinated Campaign is hiring Organizing Fellows. 15 hours per week to canvass, phone bank and help the NHDP win up and down the ticket. Local folks young and not-so-young will help us focus the party on our races! Click here.
- Did you see?! Open Democracy, dedicated to reducing the influence of big money in politics has a great new way of supporting or showing that you’re against particular bills. Check it out!
- Phone & Text Banks, supporting our candidates and encouraging citizens to get involved in the upcoming elections are already happening. Want to help? Organize NH.
- How to get more involved: Contact your Town or County Chair. https://www.nhdp.org/counties-and-towns
Thanks for your support!
The pandemic and how we as a national community are trying to fight it has become a political issue due to the most right-wing members go the GOP and the enabling of those right wingers by the self-proclaimed centrist or moderate GOP members like Karen Umberger (GOP Rep of Conway) and Mark McConkey (GOP Rep of Freedom). The stunning lack of an understanding of the big picture and common good by the GOP is not just sad — but literally tragic.
Kudos to State Rep. Jerry Knirk for a great column in today’s Conway Daily Sun which can help us all think about what we’re up against (DEC 30). Check it out – by clicking here