We will have a fantastic *virtual* dinner together on October 20th beginning at 6:15 PM and finishing up at about 7:45.
The DINNER: Homemade Mac N Cheese (from your own kitchen), a side salad so that there is something healthy going into the body, a dessert of your choosing, and some kind of NH themed beverage (be creative).
The COST: This event, a fundraiser, is a “Give What You Can” style event. Some will choose the lower end contribution and some who are more financial able will choose a higher end contribution. ALL FUNDS WILL BE HELPING Carroll County DEMs! Be generous, please!
The GUEST LIST: We are so pleased to welcome Senator Maggie Hassan and former Presidential Candidate Mr. Andrew Yang who will join us for this Zoom Event. Others are checking their schedules and carving out the time. Candidates up and down the ballot are being invited to send a two minute greeting to Carroll County DEMs. This is going to be a very fun event.
The LOW DOWN: When you make your contribution (non-standard amounts so that we can KNOW you are wanting to attend the dinner), the email you use for the contribution will be the email we use for sending your Zoom Meeting link. That link will arrive to you at 2 PM on October 20. If you haven’t received the link by 3 PM on October 20, you’ll immediately contact email@example.com. One contribution equals one screen. But one screen can equal all kinds of people! Invite your whole family, friend group, pod, or whomever. Be safe and be smart, of course!
The LINK for the “Ticket” page: http://secure.actblue.com/donate/macncheese
From the Biden/Harris campaign:
TRUTH over LIES
UNITY over DIVISION
SCIENCE over FICTION
HOPE over FEAR
Join the Carroll County DEMs in welcoming Grace Jarell to the team!
Grace graduated from Kennett High School in June and was Valedictorian of the Class of 2020. She is smart, driven, interested in learning, capable, and willing to help. She follows through and she wants to help. Carroll County DEMs is so fortunate.
Grace will be working part-time for the County DEMs through Election Day. We are still piecing together funding for Grace’s position. We are looking for a little help.
GIVE A GIFT of $11, $33, $66, $99, or $222 between now, Monday the 14th and Thursday morning the 17thand you can be sure that your funds will go directly to making sure we can cover Grace’s position. What will she be doing?
Grace will be serving as Carroll County DEMs’ Communications Assistant. She will be participating in creating E-Newsletters, FB posts, Website Updates, and working on other mediums as well. She’ll be reaching out to younger adults, too. This is GREAT for Carroll County. Many thanks to Slate Goodwin and New Hampshire Democratic Party for the help with making this as easy as possible.
Can you help with a gift? Click “Give a Gift” in the paragraphs above, or click the Blue “Support Grace’s Position” box below and help us raise $1,500.
Questions? Contact Carroll County DEMs chairperson KNUTE.
On August 12, the Carroll County Democrats will welcome the two candidates vying for the Democratic nomination for Governor. Executive Councilor Andru Volinsky and Senate Majority Leader Dan Feltes will be on the ballot on September 8 when New Hampshire has its primary. The Zoom Meeting will take place at 7 PM and will end at about 8:15 PM. There is limited space and therefore only those who act fast can be assured a seat at the virtual meeting.
To participate in this meeting being held on Zoom, registered DEMs who live in and vote in one of the towns of Carroll County can register for the event by doing these simple things:
- Send an email to Carroll County DEMs chairperson Knute Ogren by clicking HERE.
- In the email you send, you will please note your first name, your last name, and the town in which you live and vote.
- Be ready to receive your invitation to the meeting which will arrive to your email on the morning of the event.
- When you receive that email on the morning of August 12, you will click on the link provided and follow the prompts. By doing this step, Zoom automatically issues you the official meeting link.
Looking forward to seeing Carroll County DEMs on August 12 at 7 PM. Questions or concerns? Contact Knute by clicking HERE.
July 28 at 6:30 PM — Zoom (reservation required)
If you are a registered DEM in Carroll County, you are welcome to reserve a spot for the evening chat being hosted by our State Senate candidate, Theresa Swanick, and Greater Ossipee DEMs chair, Pat Pustell. There will be a limited number of guests so don’t delay.
Here’s how it will work:
- Decide that you will commit to being at the Zoom Meeting on the 28th.
- Message KNUTE BY CLICKING HERE from your preferred email address. First come, first served.
- Include in the email your first name, your last name, and your town.
- If you’d like, include a question you think would be good for Mr. Pappas to answer.
- On the morning of July 28, check your email for a message from Knute.
- Guests will register for the meeting by 6 PM.
- That registration process will release the official Zoom link invitation for the 6:30 PM meeting.
- No guests will be allowed entry after 6:30 PM.
If you are NOT a registered DEM in Carroll County, this event won’t be a good match for you. There is a limited number of people who can attend this Zoom Meeting. When the slots are gone, they’re gone.
Thanks for caring about the work of the DEMs here in Carroll County. Together we can do great things.
To be added to the Carroll County DEMs email news blast:
Happy April, Friends.
Some days ago, after some fresh snow, I snapped this pic of Effingham DEMs chair, Rob Waterman, who made a small fire in the yard. With plenty of time on hand, gathering a bit of brush and having a fire was a nice activity for the night. As the flames danced, I was reminded of flames of hope which dance in hearts all over. Even during strange times like right now, hope dances inside us.
All kinds of events and programs have been cancelled (as they should).
There is a spirit of wonder about where we are going as a country — and as a state, as a county — as we face this unprecedented national experience.
I have found pride in my neighbors who are following the social distancing norms, who are checking in with their neighbors, who are making do with what they have, who are not letting greed win the day …
We watch as an infuriating inept POTUS says preposterous things. We watch as our Governor slowly is picking up steam in understanding the seriousness of what we face. Our Congressman and our two Senators are shining brightly. Our county and town governments are doing whatever possible to keep things going in a steady direction.
*** This is why elections matter. ***
The election for President matters. Let’s do whatever necessary to ensure Mr. Trump goes somewhere else after this election is over. “Vote Blue No Matter Who” matters. Do not let people convince you otherwise.
Having a Governor grounded in goodness and who has true leadership ability matters. What would it look like were a Democrat (Feltes or Volinsky, for example) leading the way during these days?
Having Shaheen and Hassan at the biggest table in the country making smart decisions based in science matters. Can you imagine where we’d be if a Republican had one of our two Senate seats? Maine’s Republican Senator Susan Collins continues to do and say some of the strangest things during these days. And she’s one of the very few rather normal ones! My goodness …
Having Pappas working for us to ensure we can do everything possible to keep on solid ground matters. Can you imagine what having a Republican in Pappas’ spot would bring? We are working to re-elect Mr. Pappas this fall!
Having Executive Councilor Cryans working with the other 4 Ex.Councilors to keep NH safe matters. Can you imagine what it would look like to have Republicans in the majority at the Executive Council level? Mr. Cryans is a good worker and a committed leader to this part of the state. We are lucky!
We have an opportunity to keep our county government with a DEM majority come November. Each of your towns will be sending a message with who is snagging the votes. Are you paying attention? Are you ready to make a small contribution to help your local State Rep. nominee be successful? Every gift, no matter the size, will matter.
I don’t know what will come. You should assume that every program, meeting, gathering, educational opportunity that brings people physically together is cancelled. Be ready for announcements about how work will be getting done using any number of technological resources.
Here are five things you can do:
1. Write a letter to the paper. Point to the successes and the steadfastness of Democrats during these days.
2. Comment — with respect, care, and compassion — on Facebook pages so that people can see activism and goodness at work.
3. Call your neighbor to see if you can offer support. Make a new friend. Let people see your wisdom, your care, you’re compassion. Let them see that DEMs are a party of action.
4. Make a list of the people you know in your town who have a progressive flavor. Ask yourself: “Is (so and so) actively engaged in the local party?” If not, invite them to participate with you.
5. Make a gift to support the Carroll County DEMs so that we are even more ready to win local and regional elections this November. Is doesn’t matter how much you give, it just matters that you give. Find the giving option on the county’s website: DONATE HERE
Good luck out there. Be good.
Carroll County DEMs chairperson