1. It was a great event! The UU Fellowship of the Eastern Slopes opened its doors last week for an event offered by Jerry Knirk and the Greater Ossipee DEMs that focussed on Women’s Reproductive Rights. More than 70 participated in that incredibly worthwhile event. Good job, Carroll County DEMs, for paying attention to important issues!
2. Carroll County DEMs will be hosting a booth at the White Mountains Pride Festival on June 29 in North Conway. If you are willing to be a booth worker on that day for a couple of hours, you’ll want to be connected with LeeAnn Stevens who is doing a fantastic job getting things together for the event. The DEMs will be ready with lemonade for anyone who wants it!
3. June 26: The Greater Ossipee DEMs is teaming up with the Cory Booker campaign and hosting a Debate Watch party at Hobbs on June 26th. As is the case with every town committee and every regional group here in the county, teaming up in ways such as this is simply for the purpose of helping to gather and does not in any way suggest an endorsement of or particular support for a candidate. The Booker campaign (one of many campaigns that understand the value of this kind of special partnership) is eagerly wanting to help build the party here in Carroll County. Come to the Debate Watch party on June 26th. It’ll be great! RSVP HERE
4. June 27: There is talk that a (at least one) town committee is putting together a Debate Watch party for the 27th. Be ready for more info when it becomes available.
5. July 4: Iron Mountain DEMs is calling everyone together to march in the July 4th parade in Bartlett! You are welcome to join them! Contact Mary Orsino to learn more. The Tri Town DEMs is calling on everyone to march together in the July 4th parade in Moultonborough. The DEMs are always sharing positive messages of hope at the annual parade. Join in! Contact Bonnie Chehames to learn more. The Conway DEMs will march in the Conway Parade and the town chair is Ellin Leonard. She’s awesome. Are you a Democrat in Conway? We need you in the parade! There is also a large and well attended July 4th parade in Wolfeboro. Join the Wolfeboro Democrats at that parade if you are able – more info will be posted at WolfeboroDemocrats.org.
6. CANCELED — July 4: UPDATE 6/28: John Delaney has CANCELED his visit to Wolfeboro on July 4th.
7. Amy Klobuchar is coming to the county on Sunday, July 7th. As the details become known, we’ll be sharing that info on the webpage and the Facebook page.
8. Is there a topic of interest, an issue, that you would like to tackle as a county? Connect with your town committee or your regional group and get something organized. We at the county level can help figure that out, too.
9. July 8th: A gathering of all town chairs and regional group leaders in Tamworth at 6:30 pm. We are going to do some thinking and some working together. We are a stronger party throughout the county when we are staying in tune. Staying in tune does not happen by accident. It takes a bit of effort. Together, we can have an important impact on the county’s future.
10. Lastly, there are lots of presidential candidates coming to New Hampshire. The county leaders have determined that the good and clear and fair thing is to do the following — share info whenever a candidate is visiting someplace in this particular county. We don’t share when someone is visiting Laconia or Concord or Portsmouth or Berlin or Keene. That said, there are lots of DEMs in Carroll County who are *really* interested in such things! With that being the case, the county will share the link to the website of the New Hampshire Democratic Party which has all of that kind of info — and it’s (mostly) up to date! See about candidates visiting New Hampshire by visiting:Presidential Campaigns